Pulse Webinar: MIRA, 21 July 2021 – Register Now!
Published (updated: ) in Past Event.
Join us for a webinar on 21 July 2021, at 13:00 UTC, for a webinar on Measuring the Internet in Africa (MIRA).
The joint Internet Society – AFRINIC initiative on Measuring Internet Resilience in Africa (MIRA) seeks to determine levels of Internet resilience in African countries. The initiative has already began conducting various measurements as outlined in the MIRA project overview and MIRA measurement infrastructure has been deployed in 11 countries so far, with 25 MIRA pods actively collecting data on latency, upload and download speeds.
Join us to get an update on our work, the measurements taken so far and how you could participate in the MIRA project. We will also present our ongoing work to build an Internet Resilience Index, for which more than 20 indicators have been identified.
The webinar will be held in English with French interpretation.
- Introduction from Internet Society – Susannah Gray, Director, Communications, Internet Society
- Introduction from AFRINIC – Arthur Nguessan, Head of Stakeholder Engagement, AFRINIC
- MIRA Project Overview – Dr. Josiah Chavula, Lecturer University of Cape Town
- Internet resilience Index and Indicators – Amreesh Phokeer, Internet Measurement and Data Expert, Internet Society
- MIRA Pods and MIRA Dashboard – Kevin G. Chege, Director, Internet Development Internet Society
- M-Lab Murakami Client – Chris Ritzo, Program Management & Community Lead, Measurement Lab